Monday, October 11, 2010

Laduree Macarons









Finally, my dream came true.  I waited years for this moment....the ultimate name in French macarons, the creator of the French macarons.  I finally got to taste macarons from Laduree.

I honest can't believe they don't have a shop in NYC.  They have two shops in Japan.  What, those snooty French don't think NYkers appreciate macarons more than Japanese? =P

On my recent trip to French Riviera, visiting Laduree shop in Monaco was on my top 10 list of things to do...but stupid me, when I actually went to Monaco, I was so mesmerized by all the beautiful people and cars that I totally forgot about visiting Laduree.  So the next day, I urged my husband that we must visit Monaco again( we were already back in Cannes and going to Monaco again means we will have to waste at least a half day of sight seeing in Cannes).  So we drove all the way back to Monaco(man, those highway tolls are super expensive in France) and finally got the macarons from Laduree.  I bought 8 pieces of different flavors.  

To be honest, they were ok.  I didn't think they were 200% greater in taste and texture than other macarons from local pastry shops.  Actually, I thought they were a bit too sweet and each piece was kind of overwhelming with too much flavor.   I honest prefer pistachio macarons from a chain shop called Paul which can be found almost everywhere in France.  Can you believe even truckers eat macarons in France because I saw the store at a truck stop??  

No comments:

Post a Comment