Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fleur-de-lis juice glasses




Have you ever seen Italian farmers on TV drinking wine from small glasses?  They just look very rustic and homey.  I used to drink my wine in one of those big tall wine glasses then I realized that I can drink wine in any glasses I want.  My mother in law had an old yogurt making machine that came with 6 small glasses...so I have been using those glasses to drink wine.  I don't have to hand wash them and they are a lot more stable on a table.  Gosh, I used to break a lot of those nice tall wine glasses.  Then I wanted more of these small glasses so searched internet and found these beautiful glasses.  They are actually juice glasses and hold about 5 1/2 ounces of liquid.  Luckly, they were on sale on a website called, Horchow; only $22 for 6 so I bought 12 of them in two colors, green and dark purple.  I actually rather have clear blue but these were basically the only options.  Actually light pink would be nice too.  I don't know anything that has fleur de lis pattern that isn't pretty.

Anyway, I love them and love them because they are machine washable.  Hopefully they can last more than a few years.  They will be great when eating outdoor too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment