Monday, May 10, 2010

Buttermilk Waffles




Yup, one of my favorite breakfast items: Belgian Buttermilk Waffle.  I am so jealous of those Belgians!  They've got the World's best chocolate, fries, mussels, beer and waffles to name a few.  I heard they are also known for making the World's best laces and linen but I guess that's a different story.

Anyway, I made this delicious waffles over the weekend.  The recipe I like actually recommends eating them with some sort of banana glaze but since I am not a big fan of banana, I usually skip that and eat them with just plain old maple syrup...and a few slices(or more) of butter.  yumm...

They are light, fluffy yet crisp outside.  I have this really old waffle maker I got from Amazon years ago but this little machine makes the best tasting waffles.  

For the recipe, 

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Belgian-Buttermilk-Waffles-with-Glazed-Bananas-232170



1 comment: