Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My favorite bakery








I am VERY lucky to live close to this amazing bakery called Balthazar.  It's actually a wholesale bread factory where all their bread for their famous restaurant called Balthazar in NYC is made.

You can actually go there and watch bakers making artisan bread and other yummy goodies like croissants and danishes.  I often go there early in the morning before the crowd appears and buy loaves and loaves of bread and small pastries.   On Saturdays, they have more selections of pastries and tarts.  
Oh, they make these amazing sticky buns that will melt you away...So sticky, so sweet, so nutty and so yummy.  

From the top,

Rhubarb tart, their oh-so-french bread paper bag for baguette, potato onion bread, baguette and a large(like 20 inches long) sour dough bread.  I usually buy their olive bread but they were out of them.  Look at those air pockets.  Their baguettes are super crisp and hard hard side and soft and chewy inside just the way I like them.  

http://www.balthazarbakery.com/wholesale/index.php





1 comment:

  1. you don't invite me when you get these things!!! actually don't invite me... i'll eat the whole damned thing. Make french toast with the baguette

    ReplyDelete